Terms & Conditions
Conditions of entry and waiver
Persons entering the 2019/20 MS Swimathon must agree to the following:
1) I understand that participation in the 2019/20 MS Swimathon involves swimming relay style for 12 hours and I am aware of the hazards involved. In my judgment I/my child/my family/my team have sufficient competence and experience to participate in the event.
2) During this event, I agree to abide by the rules and obey the directions of the event organiser and life guards on duty.
3) In consideration of MS Queensland permitting me to enter and participate in the 2019/20 MS Swimathon and as a condition of such entry, I release MS Queensland, its servants and agents and their contractors, from all claims for injury, loss or damage of whatever kind I might suffer as a result of any acts or omissions whether negligent or otherwise of MS Queensland its servants or agents and their contractors, in relation to the event.
4) An adult must accompany children under the age of 18.
5) I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the event organisers think desirable on or after the event.
6) My registration is not transferable to other people. I agree that if the event is cancelled or the event format is altered due to inclement weather or other “Acts of God”, or conditions and safety concerns outside the control of the event organiser, or if I do not participate in the event for any other reason, my entry fee shall be non-refundable.
7) I consent to event organisers using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
8) I understand that the 2019/20 MS Swimathon is a 12-hour event and life guards and directional staff may not be in place outside these hours.
9) Event organisers may capture event photography and videos throughout the event. I consent to organisers photographing and videoing me in this capacity. In the case that I do not wish to be photographed, I will inform organisers before the commencement of the event.